For more information about any of our current vacancies, please send us an email by clicking here.
Grounds and Services Limited (GSL) is a privately owned company that has been in operation in and around Canterbury for the past twenty five years. We are part of The Omah Group with companies across New Zealand covering industries such as civil construction, open space management, ecological restoration, biosecurity services, ecological consultancy, and workplace training.
GSL operate in the landscape, roading maintenance and construction industries, specialising in turf maintenance and earthwork construction, especially in wetland areas. This provides a diverse business offering services such as:
• Roadside mowing and chemical spraying
• L2 traffic management for NZTA and local authority contracts
• High amenity maintenance for universities and schools
• Specialist sports turf maintenance for the Canterbury rugby union
• Roading maintenance as a subcontractor through NZTA’s NOC maintenance contracts
• Major construction projects involving earthworks, civil construction, and landscaping
Additionally, GSL is an approved MPI Biosecurity response contractor and has assisted in a number of biosecurity responses throughout New Zealand. We have an extensive range of plant and equipment which is supplemented by our transportation fleet to get the resources to where they need to go, and our large, certified workshop ensures the fleet is regularly serviced and maintained.
GSL provides an environment of personal development and formal training to ensure you remain upskilled in a company that continues to grow and expand. With this growth our People & Culture team requires a HR Coordinator to ensure we continue to support both the business and our operational managers.
As a HR Administrator you will be part of the People and Culture team and responsible for providing HR administration and invaluable support to our internal customers while contributing to the development, management and process improvement of the company HR strategies and processes that enable our people to achieve operational and development objectives.
This is a great opportunity for a HR Graduate or Administrator that is a confident communicator with a natural ability to build and maintain great working relationships with managers and team members. You will also have the personal strength and ability to work autonomously, as well as in a team environment.
This is a busy role so to be outstanding you will be solution focused and flexible to work in an environment that requires deadlines to be met and adaptability within a changing environment. You will bring an eye for detail and a passion for accuracy.
• HR Administration for recruitment and selection, pre-employment, inductions and HR documentation
• Prepare employee data reports and metrics
• Administration and facilitation of core training sessions
• HR Management System and Process Management
• Compile and distribute effective internal communications
What You'll Bring
Qualification in HR, Business Management or a related discipline preferred
• Experience in a HR or administrator role
• Knowledge and understanding of HR operational policies and procedures and systems
• Advanced skills using Microsoft Office 365 services, including Teams and Sharepoint
• Adobe InDesign and Illustrator an advantage
• Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
• Role models the ability to manage their own time and resources to ensure deadlines are met
• Highly developed communication skills and relationship building intelligence
• Strong ability to use initiative to solve problems, find efficiencies and introduce new ideas
Be part of a supportive work environment where people are valued and creative ideas are welcome. We encourage your willingness to expand your knowledge base and will provide a commitment to your personal and professional development to progress and upskill in your role. Sounds like the type of culture you wish to join? Please apply with a cover letter and your current CV.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit. A Ministry of Justice background check will also be conducted.