For more information about any of our current vacancies, please send us an email by clicking here.
Grounds and Services Limited (GSL) is a privately owned company that has been in operation in and around Canterbury for the past twenty five years. We are part of The Omah Group with companies across New Zealand covering industries such as civil construction, open space management, ecological restoration, biosecurity services, ecological consultancy, and workplace training.
GSL operate in the landscape, roading maintenance and construction industries, specialising in turf maintenance and earthwork construction, especially in wetland areas. This provides a diverse business offering services such as:
• Roadside mowing and chemical spraying
• L2 traffic management for NZTA and local authority contracts
• High amenity maintenance for universities and schools
• Specialist sports turf maintenance for the Canterbury rugby union
• Roading maintenance as a subcontractor through NZTA’s NOC maintenance contracts
• Major construction projects involving earthworks, civil construction, and landscaping
Additionally, GSL is an approved MPI Biosecurity response contractor and has assisted in a number of biosecurity responses throughout New Zealand. We have an extensive range of plant and equipment which is supplemented by our transportation fleet to get the resources to where they need to go, and our large, certified workshop ensures the fleet is regularly serviced and maintained.
As the Business Support Coordinator, you will provide high quality operational and administrative support for a range of activities and projects at GSL. A key component of the role will be liaising across the operational divisions and supporting them to deliver their best, therefore a ‘customer mindset’ and strong interpersonal skills are a must. Your key skill will be ensuring that documentation is produced, published and collated efficiently due to your exceptional word processing and proof-reading qualities.
You will possess an eye for detail, a passion for accuracy, be solution focused, thrive in an environment that requires deadlines to be met and adaptability within a changing environment. You will also have the personal strength and ability to work autonomously, as well as in a team environment.
What You'll Bring
• Qualification in Business Management, Project Management advantageous
• 3+ years’ experience in a similar role and industry preferred
• Proven knowledge and understanding of proposals and tender submissions
• Experience using a project schedule database advantageous
• Advanced skills using Microsoft Office 365 applications and tools, including Teams and Sharepoint
• Adobe InDesign and Illustrator preferred
• Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
• Role models the ability to manage their own time and resources to ensure deadlines are met
• Highly developed communication skills and relationship building intelligence
• Confidence to use judgement and make appropriate decisions
• Strong ability to use initiative to solve problems, find efficiencies and introduce new ideas
Be part of a supportive work environment where people are valued and creative ideas are welcome. We encourage your willingness to expand your knowledge base and will provide a commitment to your personal and professional development to progress and upskill in your role. Sounds like the type of culture you wish to join? Please apply with a cover letter and your current CV.
Applicants for this position must have legal rights to live and work in New Zealand.