GSL is now looking for a Turf Specialist to join our ever expanding team.
This position will work closely with both our Construction and Landscape teams, assisting with a variety of projects throughout Canterbury.
As a Turf Specialist you will have previous experience in irrigation and drainage installation, turf establishment and construction, and will be a skilled operator in shaping and finishing. A Turf relevant qualification would be an advantage but is not essential.
You will be required to operate a variety of plant including 1.5T - 20T excavators, dozers, loaders and trucks. Previous experience with working to heights, using laser levels and GPS machine control will be an advantage.
Successful candidates must:
- Have 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- Have current NZ drivers licence (minimum class 2) & WTR endorsements
- Be able to pass a drug & alcohol test
- Be reliable and hardworking with a friendly and professional manner
- Be an adaptable team player who is honest and trustworthy
- Be self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
- Have excellent communication and documentation skills
- Make a commitment to work with GSL's Health & Safety policies
In return we can offer you a competitive hourly rate, mobile phone, supportive work environment and company uniform, as well as the opportunity to work for a dynamic and growing company committed to being recognised as a market leader and contractor of choice.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.