We are currently seeking an experienced Chemical Applicator to join our Open Spaces team, working alongside a supportive and experienced team throughout the Canterbury region.
As a Chemical Spray Applicator at GSL you will be required to undertake a variety of duties to maintain plant pest control on highway networks, sports fields and hill blocks, taking care of section clearance and more. In addition to agrichemical application, you will also assist with CMA application on the local State Highway networks throughout the winter months.
As some of our work requires us to travel throughout Canterbury, applicants must have the flexibility to stay out of town during the week when required, and be available for early starts and rostered call outs.
Previous experience in operating a spray rig, 4 wheel-driving, boom spraying and marker peg spraying will be an advantage, but are not essential.
You will be organised, adaptable and punctual, with a strong work ethic focused on delivering exceptional customer satisfaction on all jobs. You will be capable of working unsupervised and as part of a team on major project work when necessary.
To be successful you:
- Will be a Registered Chemical Applicator with a national certificate in Agrichemical Application
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar environment
- A good understanding of NZS8409:2004
- Be reliable and hardworking with a friendly and professional manner
- Have strong organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- Self-motivated with a positive can-do attitude who works to a high quality standard
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal as good record keeping is a must
- Will make a conscientious commitment to on-going health & safety
- Hold a current class 2 NZ driver licence
In return GSL will provide:
- A full company uniform including PPE
- A mobile smart phone
- A supportive environment that encourages development through training and teamwork
- A safe working environment and excellent working conditions
All applicants must also have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit to be considered for this position, and be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.